Bison swept by James Madison
HARRISONBURG, Va., April 6, 2011 – The Howard tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision on the road to James Madison on Wednesday afternoon at Hillside Courts.
The Bison (5-9) are now 0-3 on the season against CAA opponents.
In doubles play, JMU cruised to a 3-0 sweep. George Diggs and Omar Haloui were blanked by Greg Vladimirsky and Bertrand Moulin, 8-0 at No. 1 doubles. Tonique Merrell and Eric Chavous fell 8-1 in the No. 2 spot against King Matt and Ryan Pool. The Dukes secured the overall doubles victory with an 8-2 win over Devard Wharton and Bogdan Dzakovic.
The Bison wraps up their regular season finale on April 9 at Longwood before they head to the MEAC Championships.
James Madison 7, Howard 0
Doubles (Order 1,3,2)
1. Vladimirsky/Moulin (JMU) def. Diggs/Haloui 8-0
2. King/Pool (JMU) def. Chavous/Merrell 8-1
3. Sentenac/Voznenko (JMU) def. Dzakovic/Wharton 8-2
Singles (Order 3,5,2,6,4,1)
1. Greg Vladimirsky (JMU) def. Omar Haloui 6-3, 6-3
2. Bertrand Moulin (JMU) def. Devard Wharton 6-3, 6-2
3. Florent Sentenac (JMU) def. George Diggs 6-2, 6-3
4. Ryan Pool (JMU) def. Eric Chavous 6-2, 6-2
5. Jovan Milic (JMU) def. Tonique Merrell 6-2, 6-2
6. Yaroslav Voznenko (JMU) def. Bogdan Dzakovic 6-3, 6-3