HU W. Basketball Faces Seton Hall
The Howard Univ. women's basketball team will take on Seton Hall in South Orange, N.J. The Bison are currently riding a five game win-streak.
Seton Hall leads the series 3-0. The last meeting between the two teams was Nov. 17, 2006 in South Orange, N.J. where the Pirates came out on top 66-47.
• Cheyenne Curley-Payne needs eight assists to move up to second on the all time list behind Yolanda Lockamy, who holds record with 648 in her career. She needs seven steals to move up to 4th on the all time list
• Zykia Brown now has 1,351 points in her career, placing her Number 7 on the all-time list
• Saadia now has 720 rebounds, which is 7th on the all-time list and her 1,292 rebounds ranks 9th and quickly moving up the list.
HU IN THE NATIONAL RANKINGS
• Curley-Payne ranks 18th in the nation in steals per-game, while Tamoria Holmes ranks 26th
• Doyle ranks 12th in the NCAA in double-doubles with six on the year
• The Bison rank 30th in the nation in steals per game with a 12.3 average, 13th in turnovers per-game with just 13.8, and 19th in turnover margin (6.8).
SETON HALL VS. THE MEAC
The Pirates are 10-2 all-time against schools currently in the MEAC. Their only losses came to South Carolina State in 1979 and to Morgan State in 2009. The fourth meeting against the Bison will make them SHU's most common opponent within the MEAC.