HOWARD VOLLEYBALL EMBARKS ON MEAC WEEKEND ACTION
WASHINGTON, D.C. (www.howard-bison.com) – Following three consecutive non-conference tournaments and opening the season with a single match against Rider, the Howard University women's volleyball team opens Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference play in the comfort of Burr Gymnasium with Delaware State (Friday, Sept. 28 at 7:00 p.m.) and Maryland Eastern Shore (Sunday, Sept. 30 at 3:00 p.m.).
Delaware State (Hornets)
- DSU is currently 3-9 on the season and 0-1 in MEAC play, with a loss to Maryland Eastern Shore
- The Hornets finished the 2011 campaign with a record of 5-20 overall and 4-8 in MEAC competition
- DSU beat Howard 3-2 on Sept. 30, 2011, then Howard beat DSU 3-1 on Oct. 30, 2011
University of Maryland Eastern Shore (Hawks)
- UMES is currently 15-3 overall and 1-0 in conference play
- The Hawks are the regaining 2011 MEAC Champions by finishing the season 24-7 overall and 12-0 in MEAC play
- UMES defeated Howard 3-1 on Oct. 23 and 3-0 on Oct. 28 in 2011
Oct. 5 at Hampton in Hampton, Va., at 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 7 at Coppin State in Norfolk, Va., at 3:00 p.m.
Oct. 14 at Morgan State in Baltimore, Md., at 7:00 p.m.
For more information on Howard University Women's Volleyball, visit the official HU Athletics website at www.howard-bison.com.