Creating Android mobile applications from scratch has its own nuances. Web and app development company must take into account absolutely all the details to create competitive products that will be convenient for both client companies and users.
Today, the Android operating system dominates the software market. In terms of the number of users, it leaves iOS and proprietary operating systems of smartphone manufacturers far behind. To successfully develop applications on Android, you need to push thousands of other developers – and here you can’t go anywhere without a detailed guide.
Android web app development. Accents and nuances
Android differs in the fragmentation of applications. The vast majority of software products developed on the Android operating system are composed of separate functional blocks. That is why the operating system is known for a large number of versions – updates are released regularly, and it is important for developers to follow each update to create relevant applications.
The main difficulties in developing applications on Android:
- Wide range of smartphone models. The market share of mobile apps for Android is 80%. Now we see that frameworks for working on several Android versions at once are gaining popularity. When developing, it is very important to take into account UI/UX factors such as different display diagonals, different functional features of different operating system versions, and much more. The more versatile your application is, the more target audience it will gain as a result;
- When building Android apps, developers need to lay down a completely new architecture every time the app is updated. Due to the complex relationship between the logical software blocks for the operating system, each new development must be thoroughly tested for compatibility with the most current versions of Android;
- When developing applications, it is important to clearly rely on Material Design. This is a whole philosophy of user interface development that has become very common in recent times. Following the philosophy of Material Design requires studying hundreds of documents and recommendations from leading experts in the field of programming and design – this will give you the basis for creating a stylish product that will please both the range of available functions and the thoughtful design of each icon;
- Please note that Kotlin is now the recommended language for building applications, not Java. The differences between the two languages are minor, but they are there and the development requirements must be met – in this case, you will quickly earn your offspring a place at the top of the Play Market issue;
- Testing on a large fleet of devices. Nowadays, testing takes up an increasing share of the time when creating applications both on Android and on other operating systems. When testing, it is necessary to minimize the use of emulation and use physical media – in this case, you will have significantly fewer surprises when the application is released and brought to market.
App Publishing Policy on Google Play
After the development of the application is completed, the inevitable stage of publishing the application in Google Play begins. Over the years of the market’s existence, publishing policies have changed, and they must be taken into account for a successful release.
All apps now go through less scrutiny than they do for publishing on the Apple App Store. However, there are requirements, and they are mandatory. The average app evaluation and review time is only 2-4 hours – compared to 2-3 days at App Store, this is an excellent result.
Promotion of the application as of 2022 has become significantly more difficult. First of all, you need to create a truly unique and cool product. This is eaten by users in a jiffy, passes all the certifications and quickly gets to its rightful place in the search results. If your product is competitive in terms of the uniqueness of the service, then you will have to fight a little with design and functionality, and maximize the launch options on different versions of operating systems and smartphone models. In this case, even in the tightest niches, your product will steadily increase its user base – a bright and memorable application can consistently generate 1-3 thousand downloads per month, which can earn a good audience in the long run.